- Learn key postures in both Vinyasa and Yin yoga – we take an in-depth look at postures, alignment, adjustments, use of props and sequencing.
- Anatomy and Physiology – Study joint structure, muscles, bones, fascia, skeletal and muscular systems. Learn key principles in how the body moves and works so that you can safely and effectively teach and practice yoga
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques) – There is so much more to the breath than what we realise in our daily life. Prana means vital energy and ayama means to expand – this vital energy is responsible for all life experiences. If we master the breath and use it to control our emotions, responses and nervous system, we can learn to be more in control of our life and relationships. We look at the breath in relation to moving energy in a physical asana practice and in meditation.
- Developing your Meditation – You will learn a variety of meditation techniques that you can use to bring depth to your yoga classes. Meditation is also an incredibly useful tool to calm the mind in your daily life. We look at how to cultivate a regular meditation practice at home and in your classes.
- Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine – A look at this ancient science that has healed the body, mind and spirit for thousands of years. Learn the 5 key elements in the body and how these effect your body’s balance. We study the Meridian system (energy channels) that run through the body and how to use these in structuring a Yin yoga class.
- The Art of Sequencing – You will learn how to deliver a meaningful and well structured yoga class through a variety of elements. We look at the tools of practice including asana (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques), bandha (energy locks), meditation, mudras (gestures) and more.
- The History of Yoga – Learn what yoga means and the philosophy behind it. We will look at The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali and the 8 Limbs of Yoga which outline the steps necessary to achieve yoga. Delve into the Chakra system or energy centres located in the body as well as the physical and emotional layers that surround us.
- How to Live a Yogic Lifestyle – As we move through the philosophies and practices behind the asana, you will gain an insight into how to start leading a healthy, happy and holistic lifestyle according to the steps of yoga. We go beyond the asana (postures) and take knowledge from this ancient science that is still applicable today.
- The Business of Yoga – Now you’re a Certified Yoga Teacher, what next? We look at ways to market your new skills as a teacher in a yoga studio, or to sell your own retreats and yoga holidays. We also discuss the ethics of being a yoga teacher and what to watch out for.
- Becoming a Teacher – during your 200 hour yoga teacher training there will be plenty of opportunity to practice your teaching skills. Starting early on you will have opportunities to develop your skills and find your voice through small group practice teaching and teaching in front of the whole class.
- Your 200 hour Certificate will be awarded on completion of all course requirements and you can start teaching right away anywhere in the world! You will also be able to apply to Yoga Alliance as a RYT 200 Registered Yoga Teacher.
Awaken your Inner Self with this amazing Yoga Training
What will you learn in our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training?
- 22 nights in en-suite accommodation in an independent villa with stunning rice-field views, privacy and organic bath products
- All inclusive 23 days so you don’t have to worry about anything once you arrive
- 3 x daily nutritious vegetarian meals each day for the duration of the training, including all day help yourself filtered water,
- fresh coffee and herbal teas. Vegan and gluten free options available
- Small group size of 10-22 students so you get maximum benefit and individual attention from our faculty
- Complimentary airport transfers at scheduled times
- 200 hours of training with certificate of completion
- Student manual and world-class faculty
- InnerYoga gift bag on arrival
- Unrestricted access to custom-built yoga facilities including infinity pool, spa, and Wi-Fi at the prime Azadi Retreat Center, nestled in the center of Bali’s untouched rural landscape, overlooking rice fields
Our Yoga Teacher Training Programs are all-inclusive
Daily Yoga Training Schedule
A typical teacher training day begins at 7:00am with a 60 minute meditation and pranayama (breathing techniques) followed by a group Vinyasa practice. After the morning practice we enjoy a healthy brunch with a two hour break. After the main break of the day we will gather for the theory side of the training covering either anatomy, yoga philosophy or Traditional Chinese Medicine. After a short afternoon break we meet again in the yoga shala for asana workshops and practice teaching. The day finishes with a 90 minute Yin yoga practice and short meditation. Dinner is around 6:00pm. There will be 1 day off each week after the first week where you can explore Ubud, have a massage or rest by the pool.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 06:30 – 07:30 Meditation and pranayama
- 07:30 – 09:00 Vinyasa practice
- 09:00 – 10:15 Breakfast
- 10:15 – 12:45 Philosophy
- 12:45 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 – 16:00 Asana clinic / teaching lab
- 16:00 – 16:30 Afternoon snack & break
- 16:30 – 18:00 Yin practice
- 18:30 – 20:00 Dinner
About our Yoga Teacher Program
Our 200 hour yoga teacher training course provides a strong foundation that will enable you to sequence and teach safely and effectively both a Vinyasa yoga class and a Yin Yoga class. You will have a sound understanding of how the body works so that you can help with alignment and correct student postures as well as be more aware in your own practice.
We will also cover in depth other aspects of the yoga tradition including history and philosophy. Each morning will begin with meditation and pranayama and a 90 minute Vinyasa practice.
We will look at a few different meditation techniques and pranayama practices so that you can choose those that work for you and you can learn to teach them effectively. As part of your Yin teacher training, we delve into concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine learning about Meridians (energy channels) and the 5 elements within the body. Each afternoon we wind down and enjoy the benefits of a 90 minute Yin practice.
Inner Yoga is a 200 hour Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance. Our curriculum is offered in accordance with the required 200 hour yoga teacher training standards.