During this time of confinement, we would like to introduce a weekly posture to allow you to practice safely and efficiently in the comfort of your home. Whether you want to become a yoga instructor, or simply want to improve your own practice, you will find these tips helpful to improve your knowledge and practice.
Malasana – Garland Pose
Traveling through Asia, it is very common to see people crouched in a squat position in their everyday activities. This tradition has incredible benefits for the body. However, in western culture, we rarely see someone in a full squat because of our habit of sitting on chairs. (desk, car, couch, etc.) This causes loss of suppleness and strength in the legs and flexibility in the ankles and hips.
As part of our 200hour yoga teacher training, we explain how necessary it is to bring the body back to a “traditional body”, rather than the limiting “modern body” where we often use the same muscle groups and consequently lose range of movement and flexibility. Practicing Malasana will help you regain this traditional and essential movement.
- Begin standing with the feet hip distance apart and toes pointing slightly outward.
- On the exhale, bend the knees and lower the hips down toward the ground.
- Bring the palms together at heart center and press the elbows against the inside of the knees.
- Shift the weight into the heels as you lengthen the spine and the crown of the head towards the sky.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 deep breaths.
- To release the posture, press firmly into the feet to straighten your legs and come back into a standing position.
● If the heels don’t touch the ground, use support, such as a rolled up blanket, mat, or block under the heels.
- Opens the hips.
- Improves balance.
- Stretches the ankles, groins, and back
- Improves digestion.
- Strengthens the lower back and core.
- Injury to the back, knees, or hips.
There are so many fantastic reasons to invest in a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training in Bali, at Inner Yoga we are proud to be continually voted as one of the top yoga schools in the area. Join us this 2021 for a truly life-changing experience now.
Visit : www.inneryogatraining.com to start your journey now.